- Are your parents still living? Get as much as you can from them.
- How about your parents cousins, or sibling of your grandparents? Your parents should be able to help you out with some of this.
- Assuming you know the name of your grandparents, check the 1930 census. Most of us have grandparents who were alive in 1930.
- If you don’t know your grandparents names, you’ll need to start with your parents. Where were they born? You’ll need to check birth certificates for the names of your grandparents.
- Don’t forget! The 1940 census will be released on April 2nd and almost all will have parents or grandparents in that census!
Good luck to you in your research!
If you would like to send an FAQ to GenLady send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're always looking for submissions to our Blog Carnivals! Read about them here!
Filed under: FAQ of the Week